Can a green smoothie actually taste good? Yes, by golly, we think it can! And you don’t have to do an actual “cleanse” (because who wants to do that when #beachparties) or have green smoothies become your whole entire life to reap the many benefits. Twice a week sound doable as an addition to your crazy busy lifestyle? Then here’s the recipe!
This recipe is an NBB fave which can be easily adapted to whatever is in season or strikes your fruity fancy. The main thing is to keep the sugar (fruit derived or otherize) to a minimum and load up your smoothies instead with dark leafy greens. This gives the veggies plenty of space to deliver their multitude of benefits, like giving your skin a boost of glow-getting nutrition.
Glow-Getting Green Smoothie
A boost of nutriotion-dense whole foods with a boost of seasonal green veggies.
- 2 cups raw dark leafy greens ((Spinach, romaine, chard, or kale))
- 2 cups nut milk ((Almond, cashew, hemp, coconut))
- 1/4 cup seasonal fruit ((We like peaches in the summer and berries of all kinds))
- 1//2 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (Great source of Omega 3)
- 1 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1 tbsp soaked chia seeds ((optional))
Add everything to the blender and whip it up!
Using protein fortified flax milk as your base and adding in a tablespoon of soaked chia seeds brings the protein count of this little breakfast beauty to almost 30g of plant-based yum!